Saturday, December 8, 2012

Pre-op


Hey everyone
So I’m not really good at updating this blog but on Thursday I had my pre-op appointment. We were there from 9 to 2. It was definitely long and very tiring. But I was able to get a lot of information about the surgery. They told me the usual things I need to do before surgery such as I can’t eat or drink after midnight the night before surgery, I can’t take certain medication a week before surgery, and I have to show up two hours before surgery. They had to take a lot of x-rays of my back they took a normal x-ray then some interesting on that would help them measure the flexibility of my spine. They did a traction x-ray where they stretched out my torso. My spine went from an 81 degree to a 39 degree which was really crazy to hear. The doctor was extremely happy to hear that my spine moved that much because that means it’s really flexible. We were able to ask all of our questions about what’s going on during surgery and after surgery when I’m in the hospital for a few days which was really helpful and I think it made my parents feel more at easy. J Well that’s all for now.

I’m pressed but not crushed
Persecuted but not abandoned
Struck down but not destroyed
And I am blessed beyond the curse
For his promise will endure
That his joy is going to be my strength
-2 Corinthians 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment